We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information
Tranqvil works with Paypal to ensure that purchases made from the online store are secure and that your data is protected. Paypal is one of the safest ways to pay online. Paypal uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software which encrypts the information you input. You can read more about Paypal security and privacy by clicking here.
Information you enter on our website forms is transmitted by the normal email method and is not 100% secure from interception. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not include any sensitive data, such as credit card numbers, in these forms.
- What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
- information submitted using our online forms
- any other information that you choose to send to us
We may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies (for example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector). This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
We may use your personal information to:
- enable your use of the services available on the website
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- send to you marketing communications (relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by contacting us)
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention);
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a small fee.
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.